Monday 18 June 2007

Skye


Skye, originally uploaded by British Traveller.

After a long train, ferry and bus journey, I've finished up in Portree on the Isle of Skye. But it is always worth it when you discover that your hostel has a view like this. It refreshes you somehow, more than any rest, food or drink could do. The mountains in the distant centre of the picture are the Black Cuillin, reputedly the most fearsome mountain range in Britain. I'll be paying them a visit tomorrow (of course), so hopefully I'll be able to get you a close up. If they look a tad too fearsome, there's always the Red Cuillin (on the left).

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're still going strong Crag! You seem to put more work into this blog than I do into my thesis on the average month! lol.... Still very jealous of your adventure! If you get the opportunity, I'd very much like to see a photo of a haggis posted soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig,

    A long overdue comment from me - what an amazing blog - a proto type of internet excellence! More photos of Scottish curry houses would be appreciated lol!

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not chocolate shops then Robert?

    ReplyDelete