Thursday 21 June 2007

North Uist


North Uist, originally uploaded by British Traveller.

A slightly rockier beach on North Uist. The weather has cleared up brilliantly, which I'm told is quite unusual. Unfortunately, I've messed up my ferry times, so I'm faced with a dash down the islands to make the ferry tomorrow morning. But I've got a great bus driver, who keeps stopping to let us wander around and take photos. I read that it takes a long time for anything to happen in the Western Isles, and that seems to apply to bus journeys - it takes 4 hours for a one and a half hour car ride. And tonight I'm also throwing in the hostel towel and heading for a B and B. Maybe meet some locals instead of any more Dutch cyclists.

2 comments:

  1. You've got to love the western isles and those beaches. Oh I'm sighing wistfully here and wishing I was there on that beach, taking in the fresh sea air and enjoying the solitude. Could this journey inspire you to write a book or even inspire a poetry book about your travels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered the same thing, but for some reason the landscape doesn't inspire me in this way. Words don't come into my head. Perhaps when I look back on it though...

    ReplyDelete