Thursday 12 July 2007

One more island

I've just spent a wonderful time on the Northumbrian coastline (see Bamburgh Castle below). Yet more spectacular beaches - the quality of British beaches is the one thing that has consistently continued to inspire me on this trip. But before I choose some more highlights to explore in England, I've decided to take a detour to one more island. Not a Scottish island this time, but the unique Isle of Man, sitting in the middle of the Irish Sea. I've got a ferry booked this afternoon.

The Isle of Man is a special landmark on this trip, because it is the first (and last place) I will visit that is not officially part of the United Kingdom. It has it's own, independent parliament, which it claims is the oldest in the world. More on that later. Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment