Wednesday 4 July 2007

The end of one country...

Sorry for the delay in replying to comments - you will see that I've tried to make up for it now. To tell you truth, six weeks constantly on the move has begun to tire me a little bit, although I think I can be forgiven this! I feel as though I've poked my nose into every nook and cranny in Scotland, and gotten a wealth of insights into the variety of people and places here. From the Munro-baggers I met on the West Highland Way to the communities buying their own islands and the budding golfers in St Andrews, and from the tower blocks of Glasgow to the flat pastures of the Orkney Islands, I have consumed more experiences than I can digest. At the border of one country and the start of another, I am therefore quite content to have something of a rest.

Don't worry though, Travel Britain will be on the move again soon. However, I have decided that it will be taking a slightly different shape. There is simply too much to see in these islands and it is hopeless rushing around hoping to take everything in. I've moved through Scotland at breakneck speed and it's still used up half my summer! So I'm going to approach England and Wales a little differently. Rather than trying to see a little bit of everything, I'm going to pick a few key places and give myself time to explore each of them, and catch up with some friends along the way. So, if you have any ideas of British highlights to explore, I'm open to suggestions. Looking back over this blog, I've also noticed that I have a lot of pictures of landscapes and cityscapes, and very few of people - in reality, the people I've met have defined this trip much more than the things I've seen, I just tend not to take pictures of them! Perhaps this is something I will try to rectify also.

Thankyou for following this blog so willingly this past six weeks. It's been great to know that people can be as interested in this land as I am, and sometimes it feels as though I've brought to all along with me. It's much appreciated. Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment